Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Local Deals this week.

Happy Veteren's Day to all of our current and past military members!
I thought with the holiday weekend, there would be some awesome sales. But sadly, the deals are scarce.
I have never shopped at Hen House, but I may just stop by. They double coupons up to and including 50 cents, which is awesome because not a lot of stores do around the KC area. And I just read on their ad that you receive an additional $5 "every time your accumulated purchases reach $250". This is great for a couponer, such as myself, who doesn't always spend a large amount at a grocery store in one transaction. I'll take an extra $5 just for buying stuff that I was already going to buy. :) Anyway, Hen House is doing a sale that if you buy 5 selected items from Kraft Foods, you save $5 instantly at the register. Last night, while at Price Chopper, I grabbed some coupons that were hanging by the fruits and veggies for 55 cents off any Jell-O No bake Pumpkin Pie Dessert. Hen House has these desserts for $2.69 each. After purchasing 5, I'll get $5 off the purchase and I can use 5 - 55 cents off the Dessert mix, making them $1.14 each. Not sure if I'll get it but it's still a good deal.
Price Chopper has Healthy Choice soup on sale for 79 cents. This is a really good price for soup but I don't have any coupons! Ah!!! With coupons, I normally get soup at 75 cents or less, so although the store price is awesome, I can still get it cheaper. Ocean spray is on sale for $1.89 a bottle and there is a coupon online for a free Ocean Spray sparkling drink when you buy 2 Ocean spray juices. This seems reasonable enough, and I love juice! :)
Now the sale I am so excited about is the Hershey's baking chips on sale for $1.67. I have a bundle of coupons I found a while back that you get a free Hershey's syrup when you buy 3 bags of Hershey's baking chips. Last year was the time that I stocked up on all my different flavors of baking chips when they went on sale and I am almost out! So it's time to stock up again! Free syrup just sweetens the deal. :)
Well that's all the great deals I could find at our local stores...maybe better luck next week.
I still need to look at weekly deals for Target and CVS (my two favorite stores to shop). I will update with any deals I find good enough to rave about.
Tell me if you find any awesome deals in your area! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment