Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Little goes a long way

Today has been a fantabulous day!
Put your wallet to the test to see how far you can stretch your dollar just by taking an extra 30 minutes (maybe more, maybe less) out of your day.
I would first like to give out mad props to Hotspex, a free survey website. A few months ago I began signing up for certain survey websites when I was having (and still having) bad luck on finding a full-time job. I figured with my extra time, I could complete some surveys in hopes to earn a little extra cash. Everything helps these days! Well Hotspex is an excellent survey sight. First of all, I get somewhat annoyed by other survey sights that send me several surveys throughout the day only to find out that I am only qualified for about 10% of the surveys. So for each one I am not qualified for, I basically wasted 5 minutes of my time to be rejected from taking the survey and earning any sort of points for their rewards. This is not the case with Hotspex. They send a significantly less amount of surveys to your email, but the ones they send you, you are qualified to take so it is not wasting your time! I appreciate that they are concerned with the small amount of time taken in my day. :) Well last month, I was sent an e-mail from Carly from Hotspex saying that I won the $250 monthly drawing! I couldn't believe it! I rarely win anything. So I quickly faxed the required information to Hotspex. A few weeks passed by and I never heard from Hotspex. I started to worry thinking maybe I really didn't win anything (that would be more in line with my luck). Well I received my check in the mail for $250 for my monthly drawing winnings! How fan-freaking-tastic is that?! I am pretty stoked! So thank you Hotspex!
On to the rest of my evening. There were a couple of awesome deals that I had to stop and get at Price Chopper and Hy-Vee.
What I bought:
-9 bags of Ore-Ida Potatoes (Retail price is around $3)
-2 Marie Calenders Entrees (Retail around $3 or so...I normally don't buy these too often. I'm picky.)
-4 cans of Progresso Soup (Retail around $1.50, depends where you buy your soup.)
-2  -  4lb. bags of C&H Sugar (I have no idea what the retail is on this because I've never paid more than $1.50 for a bag....)
 I know it was kind of a small shopping trip but it was worth it. My grand total for all of the above was...
$10! YES! TEN WHOLE DOLLARS!
A little really does go a long way.
Spending a little bit of my time signing up for a survey site got me $250 which I am still celebrating about!
As for my friend, MR. Hamilton, I wouldn't have spent $10 any other way. :)
Little things like these make my day brighter and my smile wider.
Tell me what makes your day better!

2 comments:

  1. So how did you get so much for so little? With coupons? Good job! It all helps, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Just matching coupons with an awesome sale! The Ore-Ida potatoes were my favorite part. They were on sale for 3 for $4 and I was able to use 3 - $1 coupons (for each bag of potatoes) making them 33 cents each!!! :)

    ReplyDelete