Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm a Serial Shopper!

I just got back from HyVee and the police need to head over there because I just killed those retail prices! Muahaha! That will be my cheesy joke of the day. But on a serious note, I did score a great deal. Right now until Tuesday, HyVee is running a deal that when you buy 4 General Mills (GM) cereals, you get $4 off your purchase instantly and you get a coupon for $4 off your next purchase. There are coupons for $1/2 GM cereals at coupons.com or you can use the $1/3 coupon from SS 3/11. So I went in with coupons in hand to see what the starting price on the cereal will be to determine if this deal was really worth it. Some cereals like Lucky Charms, Kix, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch (and probably more that I didn't notice) were $2.99. So I bought 4 boxes of Lucky Charms (which is the only kind I wanted to buy) at $2.99 a piece, used the $4 off instantly coupon in the HyVee ad (which you can get at HyVee or most of the cashiers have the coupon ready at the register) and used TWO $1/2 printable coupons, paid $5.96 + tax, and received a $4 coupon for my next purchase. Giving me a grand total of 50 CENTS per box! I was not expecting to get this great of deal. I did it a second time (just broke up my transaction into two since there is a limit of one coupon per transaction) and used my $4 voucher to pay part of the cereal on my second purchase. I am definitely printing off extra coupons to go do this a couple more times! If you choose to go with other cereals and have the $1/2 coupons, just deduct $2.50 from the retail price to give you the total price you pay for the cereal. :)
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment