Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Attention coupon virgins: This is your week!

So for all you newbies out there, you need to read up because this post is just for you! If you are new to couponing or have just been pushing it off (bums!) then this week is perfect for you to get started. I say this because most of the deals I got, I used online printable coupons only. If you haven't been clipping coupons from newspaper inserts and want to find a good way to motivate yourself to be an extreme couponer, this is the week for you!
Target is my favorite place for using printable coupons because they have their own database of Target coupons at www.target.com/coupons. These coupons are great because you can use a manufacturer coupon AND a Target coupon on ONE item! :) Which equals double the savings! Another way to get Target only coupons is to sign up to receive free text alerts which will send you a link each month to Target coupons on your mobile phone. When you are ready to use your coupon, you'll pull up the link on your phone and the cashier simply scans the bar code on your phone. To sign up for this, go to www.target.com and click on mobile and there is a "coupon alert" spot where you enter your mobile phone number for this.
NOW, on to some deals for you newbies. :)
Target is having some wonderful deals this week until Saturday so head over there!
-There is a deal going on if you buy 3 select L'Oreal items you will receive a $5 Target gift card.
  Here is the scenario that I did, but you can vary it up a bit depending on your needs.
  I bought one L'Oreal Everstrong Shampoo and one conditioner and also one Eversleek styler each priced at $5.99. I used three $2/1 coupons from $2.00/1 – L’Oreal EverStyle, EverCream, EverPure, EverStrong or EverSleek Product – (lorealparisusa.com) (you will need two computers to print off all three coupons since there is a limit of two prints per computer). And I used three $1/1 Target coupons from Target.com/coupons for the specified items. I paid $8.97 out of pocket and received a $5 gift card making each item only $1.32. A total savings of $13!
  If you need some cleaner all you need to do is head over to Facebook to print off your coupon for Clorox Green Works Cleaners. They are on sale this week at Target for $2.74 a bottle. Print off a $1/1 coupon from $1.00/1 – Greenworks Products – (facebook.com) and pair it up with a $1/1 coupon from Target and you only have to pay 74 cents for a great bottle of cleaner!
 Now if you're still reading, you're in luck because this is my most favorite deal. 4x6 photo prints are on sale this week at Target for only 10 cents a print. On Target's website they have a coupon for $1 off 10 4x6 photo prints which equals FREE PICTURES! Remember you can only print off two of the same coupon per computer, so more computers = more free pictures. I love when this deal goes on so I can catch up on printing off all my beautiful photos. :)
 Another thing I love stocking up on is pasta and pasta sauce. If some kind of world tragedy were to happen, I think my husband and I could live off our pasta supply for 6 months or more. It's great to have and you don't need anything to cook it except a pan and water. This week at Target, they have their brand Market Pantry Pasta and Pasta Sauce for only $1 each. If you head over to your new favorite website target.com/coupons, you will find a coupon for a $1 off your purchase of Market Pantry pasta AND pasta sauce. This makes your items only 50 cents a piece! What a steal!
  Another deal going on for you newbies, or anyone wanting to save some money, head over to CVS. CVS is running a promotion until Saturday for Hallmark Cards. When you buy 3, you receive $3 Extra Care Bucks(ECB). If you aren't hooked on ECBs yet, you soon will be. Pair this great deal with an online coupon at $3.00/3 – Hallmark Cards, $1.49 each or more, CVS Coupon – (cvs.com) to receive an additional dollar off each card you buy. To figure out your price, just look at the cost of the card and deduct two dollars because that is how much you save with this awesome combo deal. I love stocking up on cards because I am always in a rush and hate having to go to the store last minute to pick out a birthday card for someone. I have a pretty good stack on hand. :)
Well this is what I have for now. I will posting again soon after I go to Hyvee and Price Chopper for their deals this week through Tuesday. Thanks for reading and always post comments, questions, or findings!
Happy couponing!

1 comment:

  1. For anyone reading out there, I just noticed that on target.com/coupons if you click on the "photo" category it doesn't show the 4x6 prints anymore. However, if you click "show all" and look through all the coupons I believe you will be able to find it. As a couponer, you learn to not take "no" for an answer. There's always a way to score a deal! :)

    ReplyDelete