Friday, May 11, 2012

Hitting the Bullseye


So there are some pretty great deals going on at Target this week. One thing I love about Target is that they have items that go on clearance every day. I read that there is even a designated team that puts items on clearance each day. Clearance deals vary at each location and they are only available until they’re all bought up. Here are my clearance finds that I felt were definitely worthy of my time and money:
*Pantene Pro-V Styler/Hairspray twin packs.
 Regular price: $6.99             Clearance Price: $4.88
 Team this great price with a Buy 1 Pantene Item get 1 Free (up to $4.99) coupon found in the PG insert from 4/29 and get 2 twin packs for only $2.44 each! That’s only $1.22 per bottle!
*Halls Defense Cough Drops
 Regular Price: $1.39       Clearance Price: $0.68
 I didn’t have a coupon but the price was too good to pass up. Fifty-One percent savings? YES PLEASE! I wish saving was always this easy!
*Veet Spray on Cream Hair Remover
 Regular Price $7.79       Clearance Price: $3.88
 Combine this already great deal with a $2/1 printable coupon from veet.com and pay only $1.88. I was already planning on purchasing Veet when I went to the store so I had the coupon already printed. When I saw this on clearance I about did a backflip! :)
 
Always check the clearance sections at Target found in several locations throughout the store. Target doesn’t have a specified “clearance section”. They have clearance shelves next to the area where those products are normally found. Some are even among the rest of the products in regular placing on shelves. You never know what great deal you will come across.

Another way to save is through purchasing promotional items that will earn you a Target gift card after your purchase. Target offers these kinds of deals often for various items. Here are a couple scenarios that I did to get amazing savings:

*Buy 3 participating Nivea Creme Lotions, Receive a $5 Gift Card
 I bought 3 Nivea Extended Moisture Hand Crรจme 
1.7 oz Originally priced at $3.99, reduced down to $3.59. I used 3 - $2/1 coupons from RP 4/29. I paid $4.77 out of pocket and received a $5 Target Gift Card meaning I actually made 23 cents for these three lotions! There are other lotions available but at different prices. But anyway you do it, you’ll get a great deal!
*Buy 2 participating Aveeno sunscreens, receive a $5 Gift Card
 I bought the Continuous Protection Lotion SPF 55 
4 oz for $7.04
 I then used 2 - $2/1 coupons from SS 4/15 AND 2 $1/1 printable Target coupons. I paid $8.08 out of pocket and received a $5 Gift Card meaning each sunscreen was only $1.54. What a steal!
I don’t know about you, but during the summer I soak up the sun like a sponge on water. It’s great to be able to get sun essentials for only a pinch out of my wallet. :)

To make my Target shopping experience better (in case you didn’t think it could get any better than this), I split up my items into three separate transactions.
*Transaction 1: Nivea Deal: I did this first because it was the least out of pocket and I received a gift card
*Transaction 2: Aveeno Deal: I used the gift card from the Nivea transaction to lower the cost of the total amount.
*Transaction 3: The rest of my goodies. :) I purchased the rest of my necessities and applied the $5 gift card from the last transaction. This way I paid the least amount out of pocket. :)

AND let’s not forget the money I save by using my Target RED card. When you use your Target RED card at Target stores, you save an additional 5% off your total transaction. It’s free to set up and you can connect it to your normal checking account so you have no worry of another credit card that could possibly get you into debt. My REDcard savings this year alone is $22.81. That’s a week’s worth of gas! Or a movie night with the hubby. Or even money to go towards a new pair of shoes! Why not maximize your savings?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment