Friday, March 23, 2012

To buy or not to buy: That is the question.

I just got home from one of my favorite stores: Target. Tonight's shopping trip was a bit of a struggle for me. There were so many great deals, I didn't know which one's to get! I know this seems like a silly problem, but it's honestly a serious one. One of my deals was for Huggies Diapers. When I shop for diapers, it has to be an amazing deal because I don't have kids yet. I only buy diapers when the prices are rock bottom so when we do have kids, our financial burden of having to buy diapers will be lifted. This week there is deal going on at Target for every two Huggies Jumbo Boxed Diapers you receive a $10 Target gift card. Normally the prices on these are around $28. Some select sizes were on clearance for $23.78. I was able to use two $2/1 Target coupons and two $2/1 manufacturer coupons from SS 3/18. So I payed $39.56 and received a $10 Gift Card making each box only $14.78. I've gotten diapers for cheaper but this was still a pretty good deal that I went ahead and invested in. If you currently have to pay for diapers, you should probably run to Target for this deal. Even if you don't get the clearance items, it would still only be less than $20 per box. A penny saved is a penny earned!
Now being the bargain hunter that I am, I am always scouring through the clearance aisles for remarkable deals. I was in the girls' section and found this beautiful white dress, size 12. I immediately thought, 'That would be a perfect baptism dress.' I looked at the price tag. Was: $50 Now: $12.56. I don't like buying kid's clothes before we plan on having kids, but I couldn't pass this deal up. It has beautiful beaded embroidery and since the size is a bit bigger than I believe an 8 year-old would wear, I felt confident buying this. :)
















My last deal that I was very excited about at Target was the unexpected moneymaker on the Lysol No-Touch Starter Kit. I went into Target thinking that the price was $9.99. I would then use a $3/1 Target coupon from SS 3/11 and a $3/1 manufacturer coupon from SS 2/26 or SS 3/18. In store I would pay $3.99 and then submit a $3 mail-in-rebate from the April All-you magazine making the final price for this 99 cents. When I got to Target to pick up this great deal, I saw another option available. The normal starter kit with the cucumber melon scent costs $9.99. There was another starter kit with aloe vera and it was only $6.99! I don't know the reason for the price difference but I'm not complaining! So I only paid 49 cents in-store and after I submit my mail-in-rebate, I'll make $2.50! I love this special surprise!
So those were the highlights of my night. Posted are some of my bragging pictures. Sorry about the quality, they were taken from my phone. :)



Happy couponing! Let me know if you have any great deals!

2 comments:

  1. So I was really bummed I wasn't able to come to your couponing at Polly's house. What does SS mean? I think that is where you found the coupons. So glad you posted your blog, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the handouts I gave on NKC connections. I hope it is helpful! SS means Smart Source. There are a few commonly used abbreviations for couponers, especially when talking about inserts. Whenever you get a newspaper and there is a packet of coupons, it normally reads "SmartSource" (SS), "Red Plum" (RP), "Proctor & Gamble" (PG), or "General Mills"(GM). So whenever you see an abbreviation such as "SS 3/18", that means you can find that specific coupon in the Smart Source insert from March 18th. :)

    ReplyDelete